Calgary, Alberta Canada office
Cognera (www.cognera.com), a division of Harris Computer Systems, provides next generation billing solutions and online services to help our clients improve their customer relationships. Our deep-rooted experience in the energy and utilities industries, in both regulated and deregulated environments, makes us a natural choice when upgrading systems to meet evolving business, regulatory and technology requirements.
Cognera ranked in the Top 25 Fastest Growing Companies under $20 Million in Alberta from 2008 through 2012 and was one of Alberta’s Top 55 employers in 2012. Cognera’s environment is fast-paced and offers significant career growth potential for self-starting individuals.
Harris Computer Systems has been providing complete Customer Information System (CIS) and Financial Management solutions exclusively to public and municipal utilities for over 30 years. Our track record speaks for itself. We are an experienced, solid company with proven solutions that are presently in use by over 6000 customers across North America. We are the number one provider of powerful Financial and CIS solutions because of our specialized understanding of the electric, water and gas utility industry and our commitment to customer relationships.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies.
Reports to: Team Lead/Vice President, Managed Services
Interrelationships: Develops relationships with customers; interacts regularly with Managed Services, R&D and Professional Services Teams and Implementation Consultants.
When people think about Cognera, they think teamwork, client focus, and fun. As an Operations Analyst you will play a key role in a dynamic team of professionals that provide outsourced billing and settlement services for some of North America’s leading energy retailers.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up new Parties, Contracts, premises, services and billing accounts into CRM system (UNIFY) as per customer requests.
- Enter contract details in UNIFY including Financial details (e.g. PAP) and update the information as per customer requests.
- Liaise with Cognera’s retail clients and respond to inquiries.
- Manage site transaction requests from customers including the setup, submission, tracking, and follow up of appropriate settlement code transactions for power and gas sites.
- Assist with the creation, checking and generation of customer invoices.
- Document system issues and work with Cognera staff to test and implement fixes
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior retail gas and electricity experience an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Prior experience with invoicing systems an asset.
- Capacity to learn quickly other software applications quickly.
- An aptitude towards math and the ability to analyze data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Love a challenge and enjoy problem solving.
- Proactive, positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Experience and Requirements
- University degree or diploma in relevant subject.
- Related experience or:
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. Harris offers excellent fringe benefits including a generous vacation policy and health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Applications are accepted at this link:
Security clearance is a pre-condition of employment.
530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3S8
Please feel free to browse our website for further information at
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Cognera appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only candidates receiving an interview will be contacted.