Job Description – Revenue Assurance Analyst
*Note: Security clearance is a pre-condition of employment.
About the Company
Cognera, a division of Harris Computer Systems, provides next generation billing solutions and online services to help our clients improve their customer relationships. Our deep-rooted experience in the energy and utilities industries, in both regulated and deregulated environments, makes us a natural choice when upgrading systems to meet evolving business, regulatory and technology requirements.
Cognera ranked in the Top 25 Fastest Growing Companies under $20 Million in Alberta from 2008 through 2012 and is one of Alberta’s Top 55 employers in 2012. Cognera’s environment is fast-paced and offers significant career growth potential for self-starting individuals.
Cognera hires the best of the best.
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your career?
- Do you want an excellent compensation, benefits, and vacation package?
- Would you like to work for a company with strong corporate values?
- Are you seeking a creative atmosphere full of communication, fun, and teamwork?
- Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about the health and wellness of its employees and community?
- Do you exceed people’s expectations of you on a regular basis?
- Do you have passion for your work?
- Do you want to make a difference?
If you are an “A-Player” and answered yes to these questions, Cognera is the company you’ve been searching for!
About the Role
When people think about Cognera, they think teamwork, client focus, and fun. As Revenue Assurance Analyst you are responsible for ensuring the integrity of Cognera’s settlement and billing processes by refining and evolving established validation processes to identify anomalies/issues and initiating the necessary mitigation activities. Revenue Assurance activities are associated with all stages of Cognera’s services, including; setup activities, initiation/verification of industry transactions, receipt/validation of billing data, settlement, charges calculations, invoicing and payment processing. Scope includes ensuring all revenue is realized for clients and for Cognera.
You have strong communication and analytical skills, are detailed oriented, and are focused on surpassing customer expectations.
- Build strong understanding of clients’ business models, processes, rates and products.
- Own End to End Revenue Assurance Process flow.
- Collaborate, coach and provide guidance to OPS and Business Solutions members as it relates to the integrity and performance of RA process and checks
- Assist in ensuring charges have been properly and accurately loaded or calculated, and invoiced.
- Track and report on revenue assurance processes and results.
- Work with other Cognera teams to ensure revenue assurance processes are performed, and that rates are correctly configured.
- Identify areas where additional revenue checks can be created and implemented.
- Recommend process changes/enhancements as identified through revenue assurance checks.
- Identify opportunities to make revenue assurance checks more effective and efficient.
- Maintain integrity of revenue assurance systems.
- Assess and refine established revenue assurance checks, analyze results and initiate corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify, analyze, develop and test additional revenue assurance checks.
- Work collaboratively with the rates/operations team to ensure rates are configured correctly.
- Provide training for revenue assurance tools.
- Develop and prepare revenue assurance reporting.
- Document revenue assurance processes and process enhancements.
- Participate in meeting with clients regarding revenue assurance requirements.
- Represent the revenue assurance group as a participant in rate creation, client implementation and other processes/projects.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skill Set
- Quantitative degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Strong technical aptitude especially working with complex datasets in applications such as MS Excel and MS Access.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Be a strategic thinker – ability to conduct analysis and research on problems and develop practical strategies and action plans for the resolution and improvement.
- SQL experience required.
- Quick learner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous utility or billing experience preferred (experience working in a deregulated power and gas environment an asset).
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Thrive on dealing with change and growth of a business.
- Proven track record in the execution of agreed upon plans.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and the ability to manage and motivate employees.
- Desire to work in, and help promote, a fun and exciting work environment
If this career sounds like a perfect match for your skill set and goals, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Your cover letter and resume, and
- The attached Application for Employment, Consent for Criminal/Police Record Search, and Pre-Employment Statement (see directly below)
**Cognera appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only candidates receiving an interview will be contacted.**
CONTACT COGNERAToll Free: 888-545-0080
United States: 425-449-5091